Thursday 6 November 2008

Wrinkles - Do I Care?

Am I the only person in my 40's who doesn't give a shit about wrinkles? Yes I slather on the cream day and night because it feels nice, but I feel so ready and able to face my wrinkles, current and future. To be honest I don't have too many which might make it easier, but anyone I know with wrinkles is simply who they are, not how wrinkly they are. Why is it the media fawns over some super shallow celeb who has had multiple facelifts and countless botox injections? I think they look like freaks. Raise a glass, tonight, to the thought of growing old graciously, the way our grandmothers were taught. And don't forget your face mask!

I ate these last night at a restaurant and they were so good I pretended they were french fries. It couldn't be easier, and really, when is the last time you cooked a humble parsnip?

Perfect Parsnips

Slice up a few parsnips into sticks, finger length and width. Lay them on a shallow baking tray and coat with olive oil, sea salt and a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves off the stalk. Roast in a hot 220C oven for about 20 minutes (I would think?) until they are cooked, even slightly burnt at the edges. Yum scrum.

No comments: