Friday 26 September 2008

Are All Men Boys?

Last night I went out with two MSM's (Married Single Mothers) after spending some time in the afternoon with Geraldine. I was particularly disappointed to hear that Geraldine, too, is an MSM as I thought of her husband as one of the more devoted and doting ones I know. She said she was terribly lonely, looking after their daughter every weekend while he went off sailing. He thinks that because he does all the cooking, he's off the hook! All I can say is jeepers, look at the mess we've got ourselves into. Does anyone out there have a truly involved husband? Do you get time off every weekend...?

I think of Guacamole as comfort food, so here's to you, Geraldine...

Cheat's Guacamole

When it comes to speedy cooking, you often have to cheat, lie or steal. Sometimes all three. This is a cheat's recipe for Guacamole as it is deeply unauthentic but delicious. Take one ripe avocado per person, and for each avocado add about one big tbsp mayonnaise, juice of half a lemon and 1/4 tsp of garlic salt. Mash all together with a fork - ta da! The mayonnaise can be any kind. I recently found a lime/chili mayonniase at Wholefoods which worked very well but I usually use Light Hellman's. Leave some lumps in so everyone knows you made it yourself.

No comments: