Tuesday 30 September 2008

Don't Make the Bed Today

A while back, I read a review of a book about how it's OK to be lazy. There were top tips to being lazy and the one that really stuck with me was "don't make your bed every day". So I don't! I don't think that makes me a slob, and although I like crisp, smooth clean sheets at night, there is equal pleasure crawling into a mass of rumpled duvet and pillows, pre-shaped and ready made into the way you want it during sleep. Me, I don't run a hotel...

Ooooozy Prawn Pasta Salad

This is a great summer supper, or side dish at a BBQ and I usually make it for any vegetarian (pescatarian actually) guests since a BBQ can be quite a carnivorous occasion. The essential ingredient is something called orzo, which is small, rice shaped pasta. It has the most wonderful texture once cooked, and I get it from my local Italian Deli. I usually cook 1/2 a pack for about 8 people. Once cooked, put it in a salad bowl and leave it to cool with some olive oil stirred into it to prevent it from sticking. Add 2 tubs of creme fraiche, a large bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped, 2 big tbsps of grainy mustard, all the juice of a lemon and two packs of cooked prawns. Make sure the dressing is enough so the dish is quite oozy and not stiff. If stiff, add more lemon juice and creme fraiche. If you like a little crunch, add a chopped red pepper.

No comments: